Connections is a community based project whose goal is to support families in the healthy growth and development of young children through cooperative efforts involving families, services and communities. "Helping Families Raise Healthy Happy Children"
Our goal is to support families, who may be living in conditions of risk, in the healthy growth and development of young children through cooperative efforts involving families, services and communities.
What Do We Do
- Operate several community programs: Birth Companion, Good Food for a Healthy Baby, Home Visiting and Parent & Children's Groups.
- Help parents improve their capacity to raise healthy children.
- Increase the participation of vulnerable families in the community.
- Promote partnerships and collaboration among service providers to improve access and quality of service to vulnerable families.
What Makes Us Unique
- Our programs offer not only a variety of support, but a progression of support.
- Participation is voluntary. Parents choose what programs and activities in which they want to be involved.
- Our programs are focused on prevention. Parents seek out information and assistance before they are in crisis.
- Our programs are parent-directed. Parents' expertise is recognized, then strengthened and supported.
- Our programs are flexible to both the individual and to the needs identified in a particular community.